Cake Smash time in the studio again… these sessions are so much fun!
I was delighted that Baby H and his mummy took the time to journey all the way from Bristol to our studio in Plymouth to celebrate H’s first birthday milestone with a cake smash photoshoot. Mummy really wanted to capture some lovely images of this special birthday.
This little baby was a speedy one! Already up on his feet walking, Baby H enjoyed making his way around the studio. Mummy joked that every image she now takes all come out blurry because he never stays still. This shoot was a great opportunity to capture this little ones cheekiness in full!
“A boy’s story is the best that is ever told.”
The colour scheme of blues and whites was picked to compliment H’s nursery which is baby blue! I loved how classic this theme felt. It was a perfect fit for our little blue vintage truck….Something in my opinion every little boy should have to play with! We have a large selection of props that get used in the studio but the truck is probably one of our most used and is loved by babies and toddlers alike, it’s just the most adorable prop.
Adding a playful element to our shoots is always a must. For this one we added a balloon cloud of lovely cool blue hues. Wanting to do our bit for the world we use balloons made from recyclable materials. We recycle/upcycle as many items used in our sessions as possible. We try to do this as often as we can, whether it’s re-using them for other shoots or gifting them to our clients. Coincidently, baby H and his mummy were off to a little tea party afterwards at a friend’s house so they took along the balloons with them when they left.
Thank you baby H, you were a delight!
“Boys are beyond the range of anybody’s sure understanding, at least when they are between the ages of 18 months and 90 years.”
The blue and white ombre birthday cake was designed and created by the wonderful Louise at Lulu’s and the cute little balloon cake topper was from Danni at Faithful Designs Stationery & Styling, who thankfully also helped me out by creating the balloon cloud as we were right in the middle of moving houses between shoots at the studio.
Have you been thinking about having a cake smash for your little one’s birthday? Here’s my top five things to think about when planning your cake smash session:
- When deciding on a theme it can be hard. The theme can really be anything you want it to be and we will do our best to create it for you. Let your imagination run wild. Think about things that are special to you and your little one.
- Your theme could be a favourite story book you share, a colour scheme to match your baby’s nursery or a room in your home. It could be a favourite food such as ice cream or pineapple. The possibilities really are endless.
- Don’t want to smash a cake? We could smash jelly, paint, fruit, cereal, even ice cream. Again let your imagination run wild and think about what your baby really enjoys to eat. Whats your style?
- Do you have rooms full of wonderful treasures and nick racks, or is your home spacious and minimalistic? When we’re composing your images it helps to know this so we can either keep the props to a minimum or go wild and play with all of the goodies we have here at the studio.
- Do you currently have any other images displayed in your chosen room? Would you like to co-ordinate your new artwork with your existing frames and pictures? This will then help if we are shooting for a specific piece of artwork you have in mind.
We always have a pre-session consultation before your cake smash photoshoot, this is the perfect opportunity to talk through all of these questions and more. These are just a few ideas to get you started when planning your perfect cake smash photography session.
When booking your cake smash session its always best to book in advance. This means we can get really creative with your theme…. the more time we have the more custom we can make it for you.
To see more of the wonderful themes we’ve created in the past for previous clients wanting a personalised cake smash session, just click here to view our gallery. For more information about our cake smash photo shoot’s, and how to book your very own you can find all the information here.